Karen Creasey ~ Personal Trainer
Karen is passionate about motivating, inspiring, and educating people from all walks of life to improve their health, wellness and overall life performance.
She is dedicated to help you achieve full health and full wellness. Karen believes that living a healthy lifestyle and choosing wellness are within your reach starting right where you are.
As well as providing online personal training, Karen trains locally in the Coachella Valley in beautiful Southern California. If you are local to the Coachella Valley, click HERE for printable brochure.
Fitness Background & Training Experience
Karen’s personal experiences and upbeat personality, her thirty plus years in the fitness and aquatic industry, as well as her educational background make her a sought-after trainer for many.
Beyond a Personal Trainer she is an athlete, a cancer survivor a Kinesiology University Professor and a certified Health Coach.
She has trained and coached individuals from all walks of life.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor Science degree is Human Development and Performance
- Master degree in Communication and Leadership
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Health Coach
- Certified Aquatic Training Specialist
- Certified Arthritis Trainer
Karen knows from experience that facing life’s challenges with resilience is about choice and occasionally a perspective shift. She is a firm believer that with patience and persistence anyone can realize realistic wellness goals.
- Busy People
- Karen totally gets the busy person. She knows what it’s like to try to figure out where to begin and how to succeed at health and fitness goals with the demands of a busy life. Karen has developed exercise programs with that reality in mind.
- Injury or Illness rehabilitation
- Karen often serves alongside those rehabbing from injury and illness to help them reach their fitness goals and achieve overall wellness. She has worked with the medical community in her career to develop and implement rehabilitation and strength programs for people desiring greater health.
- Aquatic Training
- Karen has extensive aquatic training, both as a swimmer and a cross trainer. Aquatic training works for everyone, men, women, mature adults and even athletes. Karen has seen first hand how the properties of water can be the very thing that take an athlete to the next level or an individual back to full function. Swimming ability is not necessary with much of the water training Karen uses.
- Active Aging Adult
- Karen has a passion for the active aging adult. She is passionate about helping people stay healthy and fit for life. Karen uses balance, strength and toning, cardio and flexibility as the exercise foundation.
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Karen Creasey as my trainer. She coached me with patience, taught me a progression of therapeutic exercises, and provided just the right amount of encouragement. If a video existed of my first session working with Karen, playing into my final session several months later, you would see beyond words the difference in my balance, strength, and attitude. She coached by deconstructing my situation down to the basics, literally asking me to consciously walk in the shallow part of the pool to become aware of my muscles. Her attention to the details of my balance challenges, my weaknesses, and my personality gave her the information she needed to create a progressive plan. Built into that plan was a tolerance for weaker days, a flexibility to change exercises as needed, and a plan for pushing into stronger days. Step by step I took on more difficult tasks. Walking heel to toe while standing straight instead of bent over, taught me confidence. My posture changed over time, leaving behind the defensive fear of falling posture I had adopted. She worked with me to develop a much needed cardio workout, one that took the pressure off of my hip and back and allowed me freedom of movement. Her coaching is beyond a list of exercises to accomplish. Karen gave me constructive corrections as she was able to notice when my foot would go out of position or my posture would go into an old habit. She would always find a way to communicate what I needed to do in a supportive manner. Many days were physically challenging yet her style of interaction made the work fun, and I am grateful for that, too. Instead of an early retirement to the desert, I am back to hiking and enjoying activities in the Rockies!
Sarah Diggdon, Boulder Colorado